Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BrettHarris
Regular Visitor

Presentation of Visuals

Fairly new to Powerbi but overall have some real success.  My data source in always Microsoft Navision and reports are primarily finance department.

I have created an accounts receivable aging matrix, call this report 1, with customer names, account totals, buckets for aging, i.e., current, 30 days, 60 days etc.  This all works just fine.

I can right click, drill down on a customer name (call this report 2) and see all of the underlying invoices again aged in the proper buckets. This all works just fine.

From report 2 I can right click, drill down (call this report 3) and see the notes that our AR staff have entered as comments to a particular invoice.  This all works just fine.

So, the issue is really presentation.

On report 2, the invoice detail I want includes among other things the posted date, the days aging.  I also have some additional dates and certain date deltas.  This looks and works just fine.

The issue is report 1, the customer summary report.  Columns I see on report 1 include posting date, aging date, various other dates, and certain date deltas.  This does not make sense for this summary report, i.e., the aging column is the sum of all the underlying invoices, the posting date is from what I see just the last posting date date.   This can all be a bit confusing for senior management.

Is there a way to select only the columns I want to see on report 1 but when drilling down I am able to see all of the additional columns I need?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrettHarris 

You should be able to drill down from report 1 to report 2, where report 2 has got all the underlying data.

In report 1 you can remove the additional columns. You only need to ensure you have got the column required to drill from report 1 to report 2 for the drill down to work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @BrettHarris 

You should be able to drill down from report 1 to report 2, where report 2 has got all the underlying data.

In report 1 you can remove the additional columns. You only need to ensure you have got the column required to drill from report 1 to report 2 for the drill down to work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors