Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Premuim Licencing Model

Hi All,

I appear to be having some issues with our Premium Licencing, 

We have capacity setting across 3 shared workspaces which up to yesterday were working fine.

However today all the users that are using the premium licences are being asked to upgrade to Pro regardless to the Capacity settings being enabled on each workspace.

I have tried removing and recreating the capacity and then re attaching it to the workspaces as well as ensurning the users are in 365 groups and enabled with permissions on the workspaces.

I have also tried re publishing the apps to the workspaces to ensure its not this that is causing the issue.

Interestingly when the users are landing in the power bi service if they select to view the "Shared With Me" and going in through here they dont get asked to upgrade its only when they select the workspace they want to view with the individual reports in?

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated and I will post any updates if I am able to resolve this myself.

Thanks in advance

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"Premium"  is the capacity setting, "Pro"  is the developer license. These are not immediately related.

Anyone can put content into their "My Workspace"  workspace.  Pro license holders an upload content into workspaces (regular or premium).

If your Pro license holder developer uploads content into a Premium workspace (the one with the diamond) then the app consumers do not need a Pro license.

In pretty much any other scenario a Pro license is required.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"Premium"  is the capacity setting, "Pro"  is the developer license. These are not immediately related.

Anyone can put content into their "My Workspace"  workspace.  Pro license holders an upload content into workspaces (regular or premium).

If your Pro license holder developer uploads content into a Premium workspace (the one with the diamond) then the app consumers do not need a Pro license.

In pretty much any other scenario a Pro license is required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors