Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nkkinariwala
Employee
Employee

Premium per user - free for Microsoft employee?

Hello, 

Currently with my MSFT account, I see "Premium per user account" under my profile pic in the top right corner, but when I click on "View Account", it shows Power BI Pro, Power BI (free). May I know how can I enable "Premium per user" on my MSFT account?

The reason I am asking is - I have few dashboards which cross beyond 1 GB limit and we can't refresh them anymore with the free account. Is there any other work around to make it work? 

If "Premium per user" is the answer then, can we tie it with our MSFT account OR does it require a separate account?

How would costing work? The number of people accessing that report would be considered as number of users?

Please let me know accordingly.

Thanks,

Nisarg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @nkkinariwala 

If you want to use Premium Per User, you would need your office 365 Admin to use the add-on to upgrade your license from Power BI Pro to PPU.

Once that is completed you can then assign an App Workspace to PPU.

And finally all the users who want to consume the report in the PPU App Workspace would also require a PPU license for each one of them.

Here are more details: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @nkkinariwala 

Hope you are having a good day.

There is no workaround except using Premium Per user or the Premium Capacity

Currently Power BI is providing a free trial version for PPU for 60 days you can use that for time being to leverage the benefits of it but do have a look at the limitations and the benefits of the license below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-per-user-faq

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @nkkinariwala 

If you want to use Premium Per User, you would need your office 365 Admin to use the add-on to upgrade your license from Power BI Pro to PPU.

Once that is completed you can then assign an App Workspace to PPU.

And finally all the users who want to consume the report in the PPU App Workspace would also require a PPU license for each one of them.

Here are more details: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors