Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sequin222
Frequent Visitor

Premium per User in Normal Workspace?

I tried to look through other boards but couldn't find clearly the answer to my question sorry. I want 1 of my users to be able to create paginated reports for export no sharing with other users required, so 2 questions:

1. Will that user be able to publish normal reports/dashboards in a normal Pro workspace and have others interact with them? The premium workspace would just be for that user to create paginated reports. My concern is if I upgrade this user, they will no longer be able to participate in the normal workspace where the majority of reports are stored and used.

2. What is the total cost for a Premium per User experience? I saw the $20 per user per month annual commitment, but to create the necessary workspace is there any further cost required to be able to do the paginated reports?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

They can still interact and create normal pro workspaces. If the user with the ppu licence does the creation it will default to ppu workspace but you can switch it at creation or even after creation.

There is no extra cost on top

of the ppu licence.

What you're proposing is exactly what we did to start with.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @sequin222 

Just to confirm that a user with a PPU license can use both Power BI Pro and PPU.

Also a user can create and use both normal App Workspaces and App Workspaces with PPU assigned to it too.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

They can still interact and create normal pro workspaces. If the user with the ppu licence does the creation it will default to ppu workspace but you can switch it at creation or even after creation.

There is no extra cost on top

of the ppu licence.

What you're proposing is exactly what we did to start with.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you so much for your time!!  This is very helpful for us moving forward. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors