Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tallies
Frequent Visitor

Premium node Logs and Data Gateway Logs

Hi,
Does anyone know if there are any logs available on the premium nodes? ie. Which apps/workspaces have been assigned to the node and which apps/users are using up the resources (CPU, RAM etc).
I am also looking for logs to monitor data sources? Is this data available in the PBI gateway? or are there any logs on the 0365 tenant for data sources used in PBI data sets?
I have extracted the data from the audit logs for PBI service, but it does not include the data questioned above.
Thanks and kind regards,
Tiaan

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tallies,

We can use auditing with Power BI to monitor and investigate actions taken. For the details, please refer to the link below to see the details.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-auditing/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

@v-caliao-msft

Thanks for the response.

I have previousl exported those apps and did find that it provides a lot of information on usage wrt who created which dashboards/reports/datasets, who shared, who viewed and exported etc.

However I am looking for PBI premium node specific information, which AppWorkspaces have been assigned to the node, Admins of those workspaces. Which apps have been published to the node and how is resources on the nodes used up by these workspaces and apps. The idea (one of many) is to determine if our premium node might be used up by one "bad" app/dashboard or report?

Secondly: We will need to have a view of what data gets imported onto the tenant. So if we install a enterprise gateway, does it provide logs so we can identify what data sources(DB name/Table name/fields etc) gets imported and who uses the sources?

Thanks and kind regards,

Tiaan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also looking for a listing of admin activities for the premium capacity.

I can see that there are indeed activities that you can pick in the audit logs but nothing is returned from the search so am guessing that it is not audited yet or that special permissions are needed in order to view these activities.

Have you found any solutions for this?

It would be possible to run a PS script to get this information but I would like an alternative to that.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors