Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pina
Frequent Visitor

Premium Per User - Permission required cannot see the content of this report

I got the Premium Per User trial a month or so ago and moved one of our datasets to Premium.  My coworker just got back from vacation and was unable to get the trial today (I guess it is no longer available?) so went ahead and subscribed to Premium Per User.  He is an admin, on everything, including the workspace and the dataset, everything.  But, he is unable to see the report and is getting this error:

Permission required

You cannot see the content of this report because you do not have permissions to the underlying dataset.  Please contact the dataset owner to request access.

He was able to download the dataset and republish it but he still can not see the report and is getting the same error.  This is true for both reports in the Premium Per User workspace.  If he clicks on his account at the top right it is showing him as Premium Per User.  What is going on and how can we fix this?  This seems like it is just some buggy thing and is not behaving as intended.  He has all the admin access, everywhere.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.  It was showing him as having a Premium Per User at the time of this issue.  

Over the weekend I updated the On-Premesis Gateway. 

I don't know if that is what fixed this or not, but today it is working fine for him.  

So, this problem is resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pina ,

According to official documents, only those with Premium Per User can access the corresponding content. I did the following test. I did a test to access the contents of the Premium Per User workspace with an account without Premium Per User permission, and the following error was prompted.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1618206947835.png

Even the admin, without PPU permission, still cannot open the content in the workspace with PPU permission.

v-henryk-mstf_1-1618207006357.png

v-henryk-mstf_2-1618207055518.png

Please make sure that your colleague has successfully obtained the PPU permission, and then try to open the corresponding report. If the problem is still not solved, please provide a screenshot of the specific operation process so that I can answer it for you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply.  It was showing him as having a Premium Per User at the time of this issue.  

Over the weekend I updated the On-Premesis Gateway. 

I don't know if that is what fixed this or not, but today it is working fine for him.  

So, this problem is resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors