Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lawrenceabith
Helper IV
Helper IV

Premium Generation 2 (preview) problems with dataflows

Hi Everyone,

I activated the Power BI Premium G2 in my P1 and my all dataflows stop working.   I saw something in "Known limitations in Premium Gen2: Dataflows with ADLS Gen2 data sources are not currently functional on Premium Gen2 capacities."It´s possible to use G2 with dataflow?Can you help me? Can you explain to me?

There was a problem refreshing your dataflow

Your INPI dataflow couldn’t be refreshed because there was a problem with one or more entities, or because dataflow capabilities were unavailable.

The next refresh for “INPI” is scheduled for November 17, 2020 8:00 UTC.

lawrenceabith_0-1605273426966.png

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
geovazquez723
Regular Visitor

@Anonymousdeativating and switching back on did the trick. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @lawrenceabith,

the limitation is gone now. What is Microsoft Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

you need to deactivate premium for the workspace where the dataflow sits and then switch it on again. If you dont do that and you do a refresh that fails, the error shows the details now. after that it should work. It did for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We ran into the same issue, had to revert to Gen1 in order to get Dataflows to run. Dataflows are one of the most important features for premium capacities and it is very dissapointing to see such a failure. The error log is too vaugue stating "An error occured refreshing your dataflow". Okay great, maybe give some log detail or something.

Yes @Anonymous I agree! Our dataflows needs to run in Gen2. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

I'm not able to see the Workloads section (to change XMLA Read/Write setting) when G2 is enabled.  Where would I change this setting with G2 enabled?

Regards,

Ferdinand

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lawrenceabith 

It’s my pleasure to answer for you.

According to your description, the problem that the dataflows can't be refreshed occurred after upgrading G2.If use P1 can run normally, it is recommended to restore to P1 first, because G2 is still in the preview stage, and there are some limitations or many unsupported functions.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,

I restore to G1 and my dataflows are running well, but do you have plans to work with dataflow in G2?

Thanks,

Miller
Regular Visitor

This was the same on our premium capacity node. Workloads looked to be limited to Datasets and AI (no reference to Dataflows).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors