Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rhythm_123

Premium Gen 2 roll back to Gen 1 after November 2021?

Hi All,

I noticed that earlier we were able to switch back to gen 1 using the toggle button in Admin Portal for Premium Capacity. But now after enabling to Gen2 (November 2021), I dont see that toggle button to disable Gen2 anymore. What we know is that effective January 2022, it would be forced push to Gen 2 anyways, but should Microsoft not provide the toggle to roll back to Gen1 till then if it's just for a POC or testing? If there's any way to roll back to Gen 1, please let us know. Also, since auto scale is by default off, will it cause us extra costs to just enable the Gen2 toggle (without using auto scale) option? @GuyInACube 

Please confirm. Microsoft documentation doesn't clearly state that. 

Thanks,

Rhythm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

My understanding is that Gen2 is no longer in "preview". It's moved to general availability on Oct 4, 2021.

Since everything will be migrated to Gen2 soon anyway, I think if you're already on Gen2 then Microsoft probably assumes that you don't want to switch back to Gen1 for the two remaining months before it migrates everyone.

This documentation is pretty recent and covers additional detail:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-transition-gen1-to-gen2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

My understanding is that Gen2 is no longer in "preview". It's moved to general availability on Oct 4, 2021.

Since everything will be migrated to Gen2 soon anyway, I think if you're already on Gen2 then Microsoft probably assumes that you don't want to switch back to Gen1 for the two remaining months before it migrates everyone.

This documentation is pretty recent and covers additional detail:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-transition-gen1-to-gen2

mdevbisht
Regular Visitor

Same issue I am facing too. Please let me know if you find something.

sure @mdevbisht . No luck till now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors