Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

optimizer
Advocate II
Advocate II

Premium EM license but Team members can't see report in Teams tab

We have a Premium EM license, the reports are in a Premium Capacity. I added users to the associated Teams and added a report Tab in the Teams site. But the users are not able to see the report unless I add them with their personal emailadress to the Premium Workspace.

Adding the Teams to the Premium Workspace with viewing rights was not enabling the members to see the report. This should be possible right? It is a drag to add everyone each one at a time. You should be able to add Groups, Teams and Distribution list to make someone view the reports, right?

Help on this topic is very much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @optimizer ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @optimizer ,

User without a Pro license can still access a workspace that's in Power BI Premium capacity, as long as they have a Viewer role.

If both of members are under the same tenant like xxx@abc.com, you can add an security group in Azure Portal and add all these members into this group so that you can add this group to a Premium Workspace to see the report without adding them one by one in power bi service.

security group.png

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply @v-yingjl . Do you mean to say that security groups are the only way to add multiple members simultaniously? Adding Team 'groups'  or Office 365 'groups' is not supported?

Hi @optimizer ,

In Azure Portal, when choosing add a new group, it will remind you to select Security group or Office 365 group.

group type.png

Based on your description, add Team 'groups' is equal to add an security group and add an Office 365 group. However, you can only add security group and Office 365 group in the new workspace, they are not supported in the classic workspace. The classic workspace only support add individuals in it by e-mail addresses.

new workspacenew workspaceclassic workspaceclassic workspace

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl 

Could you confirm then that adding a Teams/Office 365 group alias to a Premium workspace should give access to the reports in that workspace? That is what I was expecting, because you can add the groups there. I just seems to have no effect on the authorizations. Because they still can't see the report. De workspace is a new workspace. Is there something else that I may be missing or is something wrong?

Kind regards,

Hanneke

Hi @optimizer ,

After adding a security group or an Office 365 group into a new workspace, members in these groups can see the report in the workspace. If they still cannot see the report, could you please consider sharing some screens shots ot error messages for further discussion?

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I am aware the EM license is for embedding Power BI into your own custom application. Which would explain why you cannot see the users in teams?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors