Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Premium Capacity and Shared Dataset

My organization is working on a Power BI Architecture where Datasets are locked down in their own workspace and reports in other workspaces reference these datasets. My question is if the workspace that holds the Datasets is the only one with Premium Capacity, how will this affect the architecture? Will the reports render slower? Will the reports be shareable to people without Pro licenses? Looking for the negatives in the architecture here.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If you are hosting a dataset that is in a Power BI Premium App workspace, you will get the dedicated capacity and it should run really fast.

If you want to share without Pro licenses your App Workspace will need to be assigned to Premium Capacity in order for this to work and you will have to share the dashboards and reports via an App.

Always monitor your Premium Capacity to make sure that there are not too many things taking over the resources.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors