Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Pre built Report Usage Metrics | New workspace experience

Hi Everyone,

Will the report performance in terms of consumption method will show if a report has been opened in Microsoft teams/Channel? 

Looks like it only captures users opened the report such as in PBI Service, PBI Embedded, or a Mobile Device. 

Monitor usage metrics in the new workspace experience (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here is what I see in our Tenant audit report for "ViewReport" events.

lbendlin_0-1618528168722.png

We do not support Embedding in our tenant so I have to assume that "Embedding for your organization"  actually means access from Teams (and a little bit of PowerApps). No idea what "Simplified Embedding" means.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Here is what I see in our Tenant audit report for "ViewReport" events.

lbendlin_0-1618528168722.png

We do not support Embedding in our tenant so I have to assume that "Embedding for your organization"  actually means access from Teams (and a little bit of PowerApps). No idea what "Simplified Embedding" means.

Hello @lbendlin 

"Simplified Enbedding" means that users access reports via a url (ex"File>Embeded report").

Thanks for "Embedding for your organization" & Teams, I was wondering.

I was also looking for some sort of document that will specify where it was opened/consumed but it seems there's none. Right now those PBI reports are heavily consumed inside Teams, a clear distinction will be definitely helpful from a usage report perspective. 

I never thought about it seems before all they have to do is go in PBI service w/c I think that is the web there? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors