Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Powerpoint slide show woes

Hi Everyone 

I wonder if you could advise me, please?

When I export Power BI reports into Powerpoint for my Business users they have reported a problem. If they present a slideshow in Powerpoint when they click on the slide to proceed to the next slide, they are taken into Power BI corresponding report page. Does anyone know if there is a way of removing the links?  My workaround advice at the moment is "If the presenter moves their mouse down at the bottom left of the screen during a slide show and clicks, there are faint icons including forward and back arrows. If these arrows are used to navigate the slides, then it will not trigger the link to Power BI." But this is not ideal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Burningsuit 

I just wanted to add that there is some software you can use called PowerBI Tiles Pro which apparently will allow you to take out all links on export. Have not tried this yet but thought I would add it here in case anyone else has the same issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maxwheeler
Regular Visitor

Hi, 
If you print as a pdf all links will go. I know its not the best solution but is a work around.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @Anonymous 

Short of editing the PowerPoint presentation there's no way to remove the links which are generated when Power BI does its PowerPoint export. However I use the keyboard shortcuts to go to the next/previous slide. If you use "N", Space, Page Down, Right Arrow, or Down Arrow for next slide, and "P", Backspace, Page Up, Left Arrow or Down Arrow for previous slide (or any combination) you won't follow the link.

You get a handy reference to this if you key "?" whilst in presentation mode.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Burningsuit 

I just wanted to add that there is some software you can use called PowerBI Tiles Pro which apparently will allow you to take out all links on export. Have not tried this yet but thought I would add it here in case anyone else has the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors