Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jvanrossum

PowerShell Rest API refreshSchedule - Response status code does not indicate success: 400

When I use PowerShell (via DevOps) to call the refreshSchedule operation it fails:
Messages - One or more errors occurred.
Inner Exception - Response status code does not indicate success: 400 (Bad Request).

# Create credentials for Service Principal
$ServicePrincipalCredentials = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ($ApplicationId, (convertto-securestring $ClientSecret -asplaintext -force))

# Login to Power BI
Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount -Credential $ServicePrincipalCredentials `
                              -Tenant $TenantId `
                              -Environment Public `
                              -ServicePrincipal 

# Example schedule
[string]$body =  "{""value"":{""times"":[""16:00""],""Enabled"":""true""}}"

# Construct Rest API URL
[string]$Url = "groups/$($WorkspaceId)/datasets/$($dataset.id)/refreshSchedule"

# Call Rest API
Invoke-PowerBIRestMethod -Url $Url -Method Patch -ContentType "application/json" -Body $body

When I print the variables to the screen and copy and paste them in the Try It section of the documentation it always works without errors. Tried serveral ways to construct the body (different messages, different string constructions). Before this Rest API call I have at least a dozen other PBI Rest API call and they all work without errors.... Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately is seems that a Service Principal cannot perform this action. You need a Service Account (AAD account) for this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvanrossum ,

Please refer to this post:

400 Bad Request Error when embedding report

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure how that post helps solving my problem. They have the same general error message, but that problem is about embedded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately is seems that a Service Principal cannot perform this action. You need a Service Account (AAD account) for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors