Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerPoint export not respecting end-user filters

PowerPoint export not respecting end-user filters. Again this issue has occured from 11/12/19, Microsoft acknowledge the issue but still no fix. Now seeing so many PBI issues and have totally lost trust in this product. What a pity as was a great product but just badly managed by the PBI MS team.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous , @Anonymous ,

Have you issue be resolved?  Could you please try to reproduce this issue with existed report and a new published report if it it still does not work?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mbiver24

Hi,

I see this issue was initiated back in 2019.  Has any progress been made toward a fix?  I'm trying to print a PDF from a react application using the API and the filters are not being respected.  The printed version reflects the filters that were published from the desktop version to the workspace.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue, We tried to reproduce it but this feature seem still work on my side , have you tried to disable the option "Don't allow end user to save filters on this report." in report setting? What kind of filter you are using, Page Filter or URL Filter? Based on this documentURL filters aren't currently respected when you choose Current Values for your export.

9.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Dong-Li,

Please note that this function worked for our company until 10/12/2019 then stopped, with none of the reports being able to be filtered anymore. Before that there were no issues. we tested this with several users and several separate reports in different workspaces. Can you see what changes MS made on this date/s?

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Have you tried to disable the option "Don't allow end user to save filters on this report." in report setting? Yes, tried and same result, showing all values

2.  What kind of filter you are using, Page Filter or URL Filter? Page filters. Page Filters

Based on this documentURL filters aren't currently respected when you choose Current Values for your export.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your additional information , now we think you have test with the correct usage and this might be a special issue. Do you mean it cannot work since one week ago?  Based on my search, at that time the similar issue associate with export to Power Point is that Custom visuals miss after exporting( you can confirm this Awareness in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/),but does not associate with the filter. 

We noticed you mentioned that "Microsoft acknowledge the issue but still no fix", Do you have tried to open a support ticket for this issue?

Best regards,

Hi @v-lid-msft ,

He is not alone, please check the forum before making a suggestions:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=filters%20ignored%2...

There are a lot of us having the same issues, which never occued before. Users on our side have reported the same issue. All filters are being ignored while exporting to PDF or PowerPoint!!!

Nothing was changed on back end settings, no custom usuals are being used within the report.

So could you please check if something did happen on Power BI web service that causing the issue?

Thanks

Abduvali

Hi @Abduvali  and @Anonymous ,

We found that the fix of this issue is deploying. Could you please try to reproduce this issue with existed report and a new published report after 2019/12/18? If it it still does not work, please  tell us here and we will check it again.Apology again for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having the same issue. 

I've tried re-publishing today/now but still not working

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @Anonymous , @Anonymous ,

Have you issue be resolved?  Could you please try to reproduce this issue with existed report and a new published report if it it still does not work?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes - working for me.

thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors