Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ruthhacche
Helper III
Helper III

PowerPoint - download document links back to PowerBI not working for me

When you download a powerpoint it adds a hyperlink back to the report on the front cover.  It is a specific link to the report.  If I test this link it always takes me to the PowerBI login page (even though I am already logged in elsewhere) and, once logged in again it just takes me to my home page not to the report.  This is really annoying - am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ruthhacche ,

Based on your description, I can fully reproduce it in my environment. It seems a bug in power bi service currently, thanks for your reflect! I have sumbitted it to internal teams to confirm it. If there is any progress, I will update here.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruthhacche ,

Difficult to explain it clearly. I can reproduce it sometimes in my environment. When I click the hypelink in powerpoint, it will redirect to the home page of power bi service. However if I copy the hypelink and paste it in the browser, it will redirect to the report page.

Maybe you can try this way to open it temporarily.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for checking.  I would be interested to know if others get this or if it is just the way I have set things up myself.  The fact that copy paste takes you to the report indicates this is the intention and therefore I probably have a setting somewhere saying 'make sure she has to log in every time she clicks a hyperlink'  !!

Hi @ruthhacche ,

Whether click the hypelink directly in powerpoint or paste it in the browser, login to power bi service is inevitably under this situation.

In the previous test, click the link directly in my computer worked fine but it would redirect to the home page in my colleague's computer so he pasted the link in the browser to open it. It was a temporarily solution currently as I first posted.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

The link works when copied into the browser or via a shortcut - goes to login and then to the report (or straight to the report if already logged in.  Does not matter if browser was open or closed to start.

But clicking the link from powerpoint:

If the browser is closed - goes to login and then the report.  This is correct.

If the browser is open - goes to login and then the HOME PAGE.  So a cookie issue?

I am using edge. 

Hi @ruthhacche ,

Based on your description, I can fully reproduce it in my environment. It seems a bug in power bi service currently, thanks for your reflect! I have sumbitted it to internal teams to confirm it. If there is any progress, I will update here.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors