Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

msaville
Frequent Visitor

PowerPoint add-in

Hi,

I've been attempting to embed live report pages to PowerPoint. Whenever I go to Insert > My Add-ins and select Power BI, or if I export directly from Power BI, the add in panel is completely blank. I am expecting a text box to paste my report link to, but this never appears? I've installed WebView2 on my machine.

msaville_0-1669650871478.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @msaville ,

If WebView2 is installed but you still can't use the add-in, it may be because the Office build and/or Windows edition on your device don't meet minimum requirements. The minimum system requirements are as follows:

• Office version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Build number 16.0.13530.20424 or later.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Office 2021 or later.
  • Windows version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Windows 10 and above.

If your system doesn't meet the above requirements, you need to upgrade your Windows and/or Office versions before you will be able to run the Storytelling add-in.

Please check your office build and subscription type and your windows version.

vyadongfmsft_0-1669775906764.pngvyadongfmsft_1-1669775918961.png

Refer:Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msaville ,

In my test, live report works fine:

vyadongfmsft_0-1669709746388.png

Please confirm following things:

1. The account of Power BI is same as Powerpoint. If not same, inm my test, ppt will show blank:

vyadongfmsft_1-1669709855042.png

2. Accept the following reminder when you open ppt.

vyadongfmsft_2-1669709876952.png

3.Check your access and Power BI license.

To use the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint, you must have access to the Office add-in store, or the add-in must be available to you as an admin managed add-in.

To be able to view live Power BI data in PowerPoint, you must have an active Power BI account and a Power BI Free license, as well as access to the data. If the Power BI report isn't located in a Premium capacity, a Power BI Pro license is needed.

4.Check whether WebView2 has been installed. 

If the Security Info window says Runtime: Microsoft Edge, WebView2 is installed.

vyadongfmsft_3-1669710093909.png

Please refer to:

Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

About storytelling with Power BI in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-yadongf-msft ,

My ppt account is the same as my powerbi pro account. I am, however, not getting the Accept and Continue reminder in your screenshot. 

When I open the 'store' tab when managing add-ins, I get the following screen- does this prove I have access to the Add-in's store?

msaville_1-1669721314055.png

Also, I've made sure that WebView2 is installed on my machine, however it is not showing up in security info:

msaville_0-1669721152345.png

From the above, this looks like WebView2 is not installed properly, or not being recognised as installed on my machine? Would that explain the pop up asking to accept not appearing as well? 

@v-yadongf-msft 

WebView2 shows as installed on my programs list, I pushed this install again today from an admin account, after removing the program

msaville_2-1669721860951.png

Hi @msaville ,

If WebView2 is installed but you still can't use the add-in, it may be because the Office build and/or Windows edition on your device don't meet minimum requirements. The minimum system requirements are as follows:

• Office version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Build number 16.0.13530.20424 or later.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Office 2021 or later.
  • Windows version
    • If you have a Microsoft 365 Office subscription: Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11.
    • If you have a non-subscription version of Office: Windows 10 and above.

If your system doesn't meet the above requirements, you need to upgrade your Windows and/or Office versions before you will be able to run the Storytelling add-in.

Please check your office build and subscription type and your windows version.

vyadongfmsft_0-1669775906764.pngvyadongfmsft_1-1669775918961.png

Refer:Troubleshoot the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

Thanks alot. This worked for me after pushing Office 365 to my machine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors