Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerPoint Export Issue - Tiles Grouped

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to Power BI and have been using the export to PowerPoint functionality.

I'm not sure if I've been doing something wrong.

I've found with some downloaded PPT reports the  tiles/graphs from each page report are grouped together as one imagine and in some downloaded reports each tile/graph is an individual image, which i'm after.

Is there some setting i need to adjust??

13 REPLIES 13
jrstanley
Regular Visitor

All-

There is another thread in the Power BI Ideas forum if you would like to add your comments there as well:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32563081-export-to-powerpoint-wit...

John

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

When will this be fixed ?

Lenihan
Helper III
Helper III

This issue is also affected me when trying to do reporting. Looking forward to a repair / update

jrstanley
Regular Visitor

I checked with the Power BI rep from our MS account team... he did a test on some of his reports and got the same result.  He also noted that this was a change - the tiles previously came across ungrouped.  He was checking to see what changed.

I offered some user feedback that this was not very useful in its current form. 

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

While exporting to PPT even Custom Visulizations also not supporting.

Any Idea.

Regards,

Bajee.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

In my test, after exporting to PPT, each report page was shown as a single PPT slider.

1.PNG2.PNG

I've found with some downloaded PPT reports the  tiles/graphs from each page report are grouped together as one imagine and in some downloaded reports each tile/graph is an individual image, which i'm after.

What do you mean " the  tiles/graphs from each page report are grouped together as one imagine"? Could you please post some screenshots? By the way, do mast the sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yuliana,

Yes each report page is a seperate PPT slide.

The issues is that previously each graph/tile would appear as it's own image in the PPT slide.

E.g. In your report there are six  graphs/tiles. When exporting to PPT 6 seperate images would appear in the one slide. This would then allow me to re-size and move around each image within PPT.

However, the issue i am facing is when i now export to PPT the 6 graphs/tiles appear as one image withinn PPT. It's as if the 6 images have been grouped together with no option to ungroup. This means I can no longer re-size or move around each graph/tile within PPT.

Hope that clarifies things. if not can send screenshots.

Hi @Anonymous,

This problem has been reproted internally. CRI: 53687467. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yuliana-

Any updates on this?

Thank you,

John

Why does this show "Solved"?  It's still not working.

Any anticipated timeline?  This is really frustrating.  Or explanation of why this change was made?

Following, I experience the same issue.

I hope that the fix will bring back the ability to select individual tiles.

Exporting a whole report page as a single image is not flexible and makes it harder to customize your PPT presentation

jrstanley
Regular Visitor

I'm experiencing the same issue today... done it lots of times with no problems, now today all the visuals on the report are grouped with no way to ungroup them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors