Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Satya_Machari
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBi Reports sharing & License details

Hi Team,

I developed some powerBI reports and now i want to deploy into powerBI service. My requirement is like need to share the reports to within origination & some external users(customs not in my origination) aswell .
Please suggest me which type of license i need to purchase(PowerBI pro or premium) and cost. I gone through the powerBI side but some confusion .

Thanks
Satya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Satya_Machari ,

You can start by determining the number of Power BI Pro licenses required for users within your organization and users outside your organization.

On a monthly basis, a Power BI Pro is priced at $9.90 and a Power BI Premium is priced at $4,995.

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

When the number of Power BI Pro * Power BI Pro pricing is greater than the Power BI Premium pricing, you can purchase a Power BI Premium directly.

According to the official limit, when your report is at premium capacity,ability to share Power BI content with anyone (even outside your organization) without purchasing a per-user license.

You can purchase Power BI Pro for each user when the number of Power BI Pro * Power BI Pro pricing is less than the Power BI Premium pricing.
You can also use planned invitations to turn accounts of different organizations into guest users.

Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you already have Microsoft 365 E5, it contains a pro license and you can assign it directly.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Connect Power BI Desktop to External Dataset - Microsoft Power BI Community

What is Microsoft Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Satya_Machari ,

You can start by determining the number of Power BI Pro licenses required for users within your organization and users outside your organization.

On a monthly basis, a Power BI Pro is priced at $9.90 and a Power BI Premium is priced at $4,995.

Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

When the number of Power BI Pro * Power BI Pro pricing is greater than the Power BI Premium pricing, you can purchase a Power BI Premium directly.

According to the official limit, when your report is at premium capacity,ability to share Power BI content with anyone (even outside your organization) without purchasing a per-user license.

You can purchase Power BI Pro for each user when the number of Power BI Pro * Power BI Pro pricing is less than the Power BI Premium pricing.
You can also use planned invitations to turn accounts of different organizations into guest users.

Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you already have Microsoft 365 E5, it contains a pro license and you can assign it directly.

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Connect Power BI Desktop to External Dataset - Microsoft Power BI Community

What is Microsoft Power BI Premium? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors