Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Artie
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi Dataflow: Expression.Error: The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn't found.

Hi there,

Starting last week I have experienced problems with my dataflows/datasets. The automatic schedule fails and shows this error: "Expression.Error: The field 'Hidden' of the record wasn't found. "

I found an idea submitted about the same topic and the workaround was simple deleting the "Filter Hidden" step in the dataflow.

I did it in order to have the processes working, however, I noticed the field "Hidden" from column "Attributes" is not available anymore (the files are located in a Sharepoint).

Is this an expected behaviour? Any change to the functionality?

Thanks.

Annotation 2020-05-04 084336.pngAnnotation 2020-05-04 084400.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Artie ,

After you deleted the 'Hidden' column, if it still works fine, it may be a normal behavior and nothing have been changed to the funcitonality because the source file in sharepoint was not changed. In Applied steps, you can delete this step to restore.

Or there have some simliar issues that you can refer:

1. Expression.Error: The column of the table wasn't found.
  2. Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn't found.  

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for the tip, it helped.

But next to delete the "Hidden" entry, I also had to expand / transform my tables again.

Just wondering why this issue suddenly appears, it worked well for a while.

BR

Daniel

Hi @v-yingjl ,

Thanks for the prompt response.  As far as I understand, the Attributes column is a system column that contains all of the file (or element) attributes.  Actually, the "Filter Hidden" row is added automatically by Power Query for the combine files in a folder functionality. I suppose it is done to avoid taking unwanted files in the query.  The datasets (Power Queries) were working fine until last week, that's why I supposed a change on the functionality from Microsoft had occurr.  If I run the same query from Power Bi desktop, I still see the "Hidden" option from the "Attributes" column:

Annotation 2020-05-05 181804.png

I guess I'll just keep erasing that step in the meanwhile all attributes are shown as the used to.
Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors