Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBIEntityNotFound Error

Hello,

I am trying to view a Power BI report through a web app (App Owns Data) but I am receiving the following error:

Screenshot_20200709-155839_Drive.jpg

I have a workspace that I am an admin on and this workspace contains mulitple reports with a single dataset. Based on this workspace I have saved a copy of a report to a new workspace that I am also an owner of. Within the second workspace that I have created a copy of the report in I am trying to display this report in my web app. 

If I have my code to display the reports in the workspace containing the dataset then this works as expected. 

Appreciate any help that can be provided on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Per your description with reference below:

With Power BI Embedded, you can take the reports you design, integrate them into your Web, desktop, or mobile apps, and allow any of your application users to see them without requiring Power BI accounts for each user.

For my understanding,as for embeded,it has something to do with the underlying dataset,so your code should be the one display the reports in the workspace containing the dataset,other than a copied report,I guess it is the problem.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What do you mean by web app?A web application?Such as sharepoint?How did you display the report in the web app?Could you pls advise me detailed steps?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I was following this guide "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-sample-for-customers" and dowloaded the template for "Apps Own Data", I set the web site up as a Master User and provided the username and password. It is then passed workspace, report and app service guids to display a power bi report. 

The website is then viewed on an Android application in a webview through that. I have it working fine with certain reports but when I have made a copy of one in produces an error, I am unsure if it has something to do with the dataset. 

I hope this information made it a bit more clear 🙂

Thanks,

Hi @Anonymous ,

Per your description with reference below:

With Power BI Embedded, you can take the reports you design, integrate them into your Web, desktop, or mobile apps, and allow any of your application users to see them without requiring Power BI accounts for each user.

For my understanding,as for embeded,it has something to do with the underlying dataset,so your code should be the one display the reports in the workspace containing the dataset,other than a copied report,I guess it is the problem.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors