Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhisheksingh
Regular Visitor

PowerBI snowflake refresh fails

Hello Team,

I have published a dataset which works on my local desktop but fails on services with below error:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Native queries aren't supported by this value."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-214746759"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Detail","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"Name\", \"Description\", \"Data\", \"Kind\"}, {})"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Dim_Product.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-F-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 3c242947-a328-44de-814b-22d648f3a7
Request ID: fdc46f31-8c81-c6eb-ea74-d82e9657b
Time: 2021-07-29 08:38:00Z

Datasource connection is native and its connected, but refresh fails with above error on PBI services.

Thanks you for help.

4 REPLIES 4
aschmidt

I'm not sure if this is your situation but maybe your snowflake instance has IP whitelisting and when you publish/manually refresh, the data is being requested by your whitelisted IP, but when the scheduled refresh is used, a microsoft IP address is requesting the data and is not whitelisted. 

You can attempt to troubleshoot this by putting a power bi gateway on your network and connecting to snowflake through that gateway. Then all queries to snowflake should come from your IP.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @abhisheksingh ;

What data source are you connecting to? Can you share more pictures about your question?

vyalanwumsft_0-1627897954703.png

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/01/05/power-bi-turning-off-disabling-native-database-queries/

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Native-Database-Query-Error/m-p/381037

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello v-yalanwu-msft,

Thank you for your response.

I am connecting to Snowflake database via Native connection on PowerBI services.

Let me know if any more information is required.

Hi There, I too am suffering the same fate here, again with Snowflake Database via Native Connection on PowerBI Service.

I was able to manually refresh, it obviously refeshes when it is published. Just the Schedule seems to have an issue.

mgtaylor3_0-1655239535134.png

{"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","details":[{"code":"ModelRefresh_DataSourceErrorLabel","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error: Native queries aren't supported by this value.. <pii>#table({\"Name\", \"Description\", \"Data\", \"Kind\"}, {})<\/pii>. ;Native queries aren't supported by this value.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Dataset: General Ledger (P&L Only)."}},{"code":"ClusterUriText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net"}},{"code":"ActivityIdText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"273d8594-6629-4c68-9aa7-205ad8ca66bc"}},{"code":"RequestIdText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"d1b7f0de-f46f-4bd9-a149-5730c93e6a47"}},{"code":"TimestampText","detail":{"type":1,"value":"2022-06-14 18:12:22Z"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Anyone able to shed a bit more light on this...

I have gone through this

https://www.fourmoo.com/2018/01/05/power-bi-turning-off-disabling-native-database-queries/

and no difference as yet.

Regards Mike.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors