Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI not updating in PBI Online

I have a report that has gone through multiple revisions. Originally, I was using Google Sheets as a data source. Google Sheets turned out to be problematic so I changed the data source to a local workbook. When I did that, i removed Google Sheets as a data source by clearing it's permissions. I'm not currently using any Gateways as I'm just uploading this locally.

Since then, my report online does not always refresh. It keeps showing an outdated version.

I've tried adding Google Sheets back as a data source but i still have the same issue. 

I get the error message:

Data source error: Scheduled refresh has been disabled due to at least one data source not having credentials provided. Please provide credentials for all data sources, and then turn scheduled refresh back on.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 9bcf056d-0dae-4edd-9bd2-cdf7442d7558
Request ID: 0f2913b9-afff-5c7a-c7fc-181b699cbd81
Time: 2018-05-01 14:57:15Z

The message though doesn't really tell me anything. Is there any insight you can provide?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think there's some confusion. I'm not looking to create a scheduled refresh and I've never had to use a gateway before to publish reports to PBI online. I also don't have an existing gateway. I've always just been able to refresh reports locally. 

This issue with Google Drive only recently started. Since then, I've basically had to negate using Google Drive altogether as a data source which is a shame because our company uses it frequently much as we try to get them to use Sharepoint. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, it seems the data sources used in the report is local Excel files, right? To check all data sources, please go to Data source settings in Power BI desktop: 

q6.PNG

Then please go to dataset settings and find this dataset, check Gateway Connection and Data Source credentials sections. You can see below images, in my sample, the dataset connects to on-premise data source, so I configure dataset to use on-premises data gateway. 

q5.PNGq4.PNG

As the local Excel file is a on-premise data source, you need to ultilize on-premise data gateway personal mode or on-premises data gateway

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help. I haven't been using Gateways in general as I'm not currently working off an on-premise server. I've just been uploading locally to PB Online. This is the only report I have an issue with (and the only one I experimented with Google Sheets). 

You can see in the images below that I just have the one local excel data source now. 

Before adding / removing Google Sheets I wasn't getting this issue:

datasource.pnggateway.png

In order for your data to refresh, you will need to install and configure the Gateway to complete the scheduled refresh for you!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @Anonymous,

From the screenshot, the report get data from local Excel. The dataset also requires gateway on Power BI service. 

1. You can use on-premise data gateway (personal mode). 

q6.PNG

2. You can use on-premise data gateway.  Create a File data source points to Excel file in Manage Gateways, then set the dataset to use this data gateway. 

q7.PNGq8.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors