Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PierreV
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI latency Issue for Concurent users (Power BI Embedded Capacity)

We have been using Power Bi reports in the import mode. Individual users of the reports see mostly under 20 sec load times. The problem arises when multiple users were trying to access the reports. We tested the reports with less that 10 users(ranging from 2-6 users) and load time for the reports goes upto a minute.The size of the dataset is around 323MB.

On monitoring the CPU and Memory Usage while the report is accessed it is observered to have utilized only 20% of the resources which is way below the 80% mark as recommended for Power BI

The particular dashboards all were using data imports and there wasn't any data updates going on at that time to cause any delay.
Any help to tackle concurrency on reports is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PierreV ,

It is hard to say. You can follow the following document to troubleshoot the report performance: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/report-performance-troubleshoot

https://selfservicebi.co.uk/what-are-the-options-when-a-power-bi-report-is-slow-power-bi-performance...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

PierreV
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @GilbertQ

I'll look at the data model but what I don't understand is why the report appear in a range from 7 seconds up to 20 seconds when we have multiple users calling the report at the same time.  We tried the load with simple data models and complex one, removing all DAX and couldn't figure out a relation between the loading time and the report content.

We run the report using a Power BI Embedded Capacity.  We tried to run with an A3 to A6 capacity but didn't see a major difference for the report load time (this make sense since the documentation tell us that the capacity is mostly in use when we refresh our dataset).

Any other suggestion or explication will be appreciate.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @PierreV 

To be totally honest the report should load within a second or two at most. If it is taking that long to load I would have a look at your data model, make sure it is using a star schema and that the DAX measures have been tested to ensure that they are performant.

I have not seen any issues on my PBIX files where they are even large with a lot of users accessing them at the same time.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors