Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yrraggy
Employee
Employee

PowerBI dataset refresh error

Im getting a PowerBI refresh error on PowerBI website. Majority of the PowerBI has this error and it is an error that i never encountered before.

Underlying error code: -2147467259 Underlying error message: The import List.ConformToPageReader matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference? DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259 Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID: 43fb3ee1-463b-4f8c-995d-d7b95086b757 Request ID: cb435964-a8ff-434e-9efe-76220aaf3090 Time: 2020-11-10 18:31:15Z

May i know if there is an existing bug on the Powerbi website?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anujgup
Employee
Employee

Error can be resolved by installing latest version of gateway.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
KoenM
Frequent Visitor

Updating the on prem gateway did the trick for me as well! Thanks!

Gfloras
Regular Visitor

I've tried to install the newest version of Personal Gateway and I received this when I sign in :

Network request returned unexpected error.
Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found)
Request Id: 63e8d1b7-223b-4a69-861b-e7dc9401e5a7
Timestamp: 22/11/2020 12:55:30 μμ +00:00
ErrorCode: UnknownError

at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.GatewayCommon.ConfiguratorClientExtensions.<DiscoverEmailProperties>d__8.MoveNext()

andrewlkillion
Regular Visitor

I was able to get around this issue by deleting the datasets that were bombing out during refresh and then redeploying them from PBI Desktop. Not ideal, but it got the wheels moving again on these reports.

andrewlkillion
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same issues and errors. Issue doesn't occur on all deployed reports. I updated the gateway to latest and it did not correct the issues. The more peculiar issue is the reports that show errors at one point in the day will also show a success later in the day with no changes to the report. 8:00am fails, 9:00am fails, 10:00am succeeds, 11:00am fails, etc.

smodglin
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same issue. I updated the Gateway but continue to have same refresh issue. Is there anything else to try?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having the same problem:  

MRoberts_0-1605818336518.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated Gateway and everything is good to go! Thank you!

JUPERD
Employee
Employee

Update your Gateway with the latest version on your VM.

Juperd,

I am getting this exact same error.  We have updated our server gateway to the Nov. 2020 release and I updated the personal gateway on my machine, However my refreshes are still failing.  Am i missing something? 

if there is a rogue personal gateway somewhere that is out of date, would it matter?

Thanks

GeovanniEco

I have the same error, has anyone already found the solution?

mukeshpatel
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. 

Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-F-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e85ef16a-03c8-4688-beeb-f9a3a002a07f
Request ID: 78bf4fe8-1ece-48c8-b771-b8988cda82a6
Time: 2020-11-19 17:03:12Z

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing the same issue. Zero changes made, but we are having a refresh failure. 

lgroger
Advocate I
Advocate I

We just started having this issue overnight also for about 5 datasets but about 15 others worked fine.   I just manually refreshed one that was successful overnight and it still runs but the 5 that errored are all now erroring immediately. No changes to any reports/datasets have been made in at least a week. I know we do need to upgrade our gateway eventually but that's going to be a process b/c the original person who installed it is no longer with the company and didn't record their recovery key.  It just doesn't seem to make sense that some datasets work (and direct queries) and some dataset refreshes do not.  I can refresh using Power BI desktop also without any issues.

hamelj
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same problem although it started for 1 dataset. Now it is ha^ppening to all.

chuckwheelis

Had the exact same problem. Lots of managers with blank reports this morning.  Microsoft has our email addresses right?  Maybe you could let us know if we need to prepare for things like this???

anujgup
Employee
Employee

Error can be resolved by installing latest version of gateway.

thank you man.

This also worked for us.

skis
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Couldn't able to open the link. Is it expired? Can you please re-attach the link to download ?

Upgrading the Gateway did fix the issue. Thanks for that. But I guess a better error message could have helped immensely. It is not very intuitive.

Perfect @anujgup, I've the same problem. I've installed an August version, I've updated to November release, and is working again.

Thanks!!! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors