Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Aigars
Regular Visitor

PowerBI dataset fail on scheduled refresh

Hello everyone,

I'm using Microsoft 365 usage analytics app from PowerBI apps store. I have configured report by oficial Microsoft guide:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/usage-analytics/enable-usage-analytics?view=o36...

Initial connection and data loading occurs successfully with OAuth autentication type.
When I schedule daily refresh, it is failing during refresh with following error:

Last refresh failed: Thu Oct 08 2020 11:16:03 GMT+0300 (Eastern European Summer Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details
Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefresh_ShortMessage_ProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid. (Source at https://reports.office.com/pbi/v1.0/1<TENANT_GUID>/UserActivity.)"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: UserActivity.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 1080b5cf-1617-4df9-a6f3-4c0df7ce4651
Request ID: 8bc90250-6ea3-4cb8-9c21-335bcac58e98
Time: 2020-10-08 08:16:03Z

If I retype credentials under dataset and manually refresh, connection and data loading happens successfully.

I'm pulling out data from another Office 365 tenant using credentials with Global Reader Role.
In Office 365 tenant with PowerBI i'm Global Administrator.

Any ideas how to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7
AnkitKukreja
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aigars 

When you go to schedule refresh page, there is the option of Gateway at the top, expand that and check that it is added as a gateway and is showing green tick there.
As sometime if the gateway is based on your system password and when you change your password, it stops refreshing as password for the gateway is not valid.

Thanks,

Ankit

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja
www.linkedin.com/in/ankit-kukreja1904

No, Gateway not used.

Message that appear under Gateway option:

"You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect."

Hi @Aigars 

Please go through the below microsoft documentation for your issue. Hope it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios

If my response has successfully addressed your question or concern, I kindly request that you mark this post as resolved. Additionally, if you found my assistance helpful, a thumbs-up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Unfortunately it didn't help. I have already check it.

Hi @Aigars 

I'm sorry I cannot help on this, I've to pass it on to other members.

I would advice you to raise your ticket for the same as you don't have such scenario available in docs as well.

Let community support help you on your issue.

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Where this "Community Support" is?

Hi @Aigars 

You can find that on forum page under "Resources tab"

Capture.JPG

Thanks,
Ankit Kukreja

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors