Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lado
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI costs in production

I would like to know, how can I calculate the costs PowerBI Embed with REST API.

I am going to use PowerBI as a part of our Web Application to let customers analyse/visualise data from our software.

Something like:

PowerBI embed app owns data

So there will be one report admin (who can admin dashboards, reports, ...) = PowerBI Pro Licence 10$/month, right? And how much should I calculate for the viewing reports, which will be embedded in our product. Are there any limits concerning traffic. I mean, how oft can be one dashboard visualized per hour? And wenn yes, can we extend this? Like buying extra servis plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lado
Frequent Visitor

Now it is clear. If you want to start using powerbi embedded by customers. You always need to go on premium.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there, below is a link where it details what the pricing is for Power BI Embedded. And it is based on your Max Page Renders at Peak Hour. It also has a definition of what is considered a Page Render.

A page render is counted any time Power BI visuals are loaded on a page. A page refresh counts as a page render, as does any other page interactivity, like slice and dice, filtering, etc. Typically, multiple queries running on the backend cores1 translate to a page render.

https://aka.ms/pbiewhitepaper

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

lado
Frequent Visitor

Thanks guavaq, but this is not exactly the scenario what I am searching for. PowerBI Premium is too much expensiv for our needs. And PowerBI Embedded with 5$/100 Sessions very costs unpredictable. I just want to embed PowerBI in our website with Power BI Embedded REST and let the users of our website to watch their data as much they want. And I am asking what are the costs for viewing such a embedded dashboard/reports? Are there any limits of view requests or number of embedded dashboards/reports?

As an example:

There are 10 users logged in our website, where is embeded PowerBI dashboard.  Like in this example: example

There are two possibilities.

1) 10 users are using one PowerBI Pro Account to access PowerBI. 10$/month

2) Each user of our website  must have PowerBI Pro Accout. So I need 10 PowerBI Pro Accounts? 10*10$/month

lado
Frequent Visitor

Now it is clear. If you want to start using powerbi embedded by customers. You always need to go on premium.

Hi @lado

If you read through the whitepaper there are smaller Embedded sizes for Power BI, which are not premium. They are E1- E3

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors