Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ftorres
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI corporate environment

Good morning guys, I'm sorry if this question does not come to the case in this forum. But I have a problem here in the company where I work and I would like to know if anyone could help me with suggestions. The company used to have only a few power BI users, today has more and become unviable to pass the pro-license to all users because it's too expensive. We use sharepoint here, do you have any solution to provide and share dashboards and reports using the same with free license users?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ftorres,

To view shared contents, recipients need Power BI Pro licenses, or the content needs to be in a Premium capacity. Apart from this, if you want free users can view shared content, you can publish Power BI reports to the whole Internet by embedding interactive visualizations in blog posts, websites, social media, and other online communications on any device. Or you can print or save as PDF (or other static file format) an entire dashboard, dashboard tile, report page, or visualization from the Power BI service.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft,

What about the options using rest API and /or azure? Do you know if is it necessary a pro license to the viewers?

Thanks,

Felipe Torres

Anonymous
Not applicable

An inbetween option that might suit you is Power BI Embedded

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-embedded/

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for the help, but in this case the users need a power BI pro license to see the reports and dashboards?

Felipe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI embedded lets you imbed the content within your own webpages and it handles the authentication to Power BI.  Users won't need a pro license to view material within Power BI Embedded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors