Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omelo
Helper III
Helper III

PowerBI connected goals values

Hi All,
I'm having some issues with the values not displaying on connected goals.

This seems inconsistent, sometimes when creating a connected goal the value apparears in the details pane and sometimes it doesn't appear. (2nd screenshot)

omelo_3-1641750322423.png

Both goals are set up in the same way! Both are connected, one to a data point in a table, the second one is connected to a single datacard.

The undelying Datase in both PowerBI reports is set with a schedule refresh.
Can someone please explain why is this inconsistent or/if I'm missing something?

Thank you for your help

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omelo 

Have you solved this question? If you have solved the question, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

omelo
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-xiaotang , it is inconsistent, I've just created a new check-in on the first connected goal and the value (which should be automatically populated) is not displayed in the details panel, nor in the goal's history.

omelo_0-1641996564350.png

omelo_1-1641996574573.png

The sparkline is not showing either.

omelo_0-1641997231190.png

Hi @omelo 

For the first question:

I cannot reproduce that behavior in my test.

vxiaotang_0-1643100140422.pngvxiaotang_1-1643100154786.png

Please see the notes in the image bellow, if this doesn't help, you can go to this link and create a support ticket, experts will help you to find the reason. 

vxiaotang_3-1643100644990.png

For the second question:

vxiaotang_2-1643100526793.png

FYI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-goals-introduction#frequently-asked...

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omelo 

Do you mean that the first goal always has the value, but the second goal connected to a single datacard doesn't always have the value?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors