Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tkerkman
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI appears as "Apps you can add" as version 1.0.0.4

Where did the follow Power BI App come from? I cannot find any information on this app. Is this something that MS has deprecated? 

I inherited support of SPO Tenant.  PowerBI appears when I user selects "Add an app" , PowerBI  appears to be available with the icon

Power BI
from Microsoft Corporation
App Details

Selecting "App Details" shows a screen like the follow with the app being "FREE"

VERSION1.0.0.4
RATING 
RELEASE DATEApril 2025
CATEGORYVisualization
SUPPORTApp Website

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@tkerkman Wow, that brings back memories. This was v1 Power BI that was implemented in a SharePoint Online config, I believe it is deprecated. Power BI v2 has been out for 2.5 years now.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@tkerkman Wow, that brings back memories. This was v1 Power BI that was implemented in a SharePoint Online config, I believe it is deprecated. Power BI v2 has been out for 2.5 years now.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks En01978.  You have confirmed what I found in my research.  My research turned up very little on this topic. Hopefully, the next person (if any) find this post and save time.  I wil be removing the Power BI App from the tenant. 

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors