Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Workspace

Hi PowerBI Support

Presently I'm using a Test account for PowerBI Pro Trail which consist of few reports/dashboard in the workspace. I would like to check if the reports/dashboard would be still there if the ProTrail is over on the test account.  

1. I have purchased a few Pro licenses for my users. Are they still able to view those reports on the workspace which was created by Test account when trail is over?  The users are assigned as "Admin" for that particular workspace created by Test acoount.
2. Is there a way i can change the ownership for that workspace to my account (Pro User)?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

1. I have purchased a few Pro licenses for my users. Are they still able to view those reports on the workspace which was created by Test account when trail is over?  The users are assigned as "Admin" for that particular workspace created by Test acoount.

The reports and artefacts (datasets) will still exist after that Pro Trial subscription expires. Using the test account, you will no longer be able to access the workspace (and therefor reports), as this requires an active Pro Subsciption.

The users that have an active Pro Subscription will be able to access this content, and assume ownership of the dataset. 

2. Is there a way i can change the ownership for that workspace to my account (Pro User)?

If you have created a v2 (new) Workspace, anyone with Power BI Admin (or O365 Global Admin) can assume admin priviliges in that workspace. If this is not an option, you need to make sure your own account is made admin by either the test account or the other users.

Benni

View solution in original post

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

I just replied after @Anonymous , I didn't see his reply beforing posting this, pretty much the same answers and questions 🙂

a few questions:
- Is this a new or old workspace? If you see Access in the top right corner somewhere, it's a new one.
- When it's a new one, any Admin is also an owner, so you don't have to transfer rights
- When its an old one, you can only transfer ownership by making someone owner (+member) of the corresponding O365 group for that workspace.

When your trial account ends, the workspace will still remain in place, other Admins or Members can take over the settings of the dataset if necessary.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

I just replied after @Anonymous , I didn't see his reply beforing posting this, pretty much the same answers and questions 🙂

a few questions:
- Is this a new or old workspace? If you see Access in the top right corner somewhere, it's a new one.
- When it's a new one, any Admin is also an owner, so you don't have to transfer rights
- When its an old one, you can only transfer ownership by making someone owner (+member) of the corresponding O365 group for that workspace.

When your trial account ends, the workspace will still remain in place, other Admins or Members can take over the settings of the dataset if necessary.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

The reports and artefacts (datasets) will still exist after that Pro Trial subscription expires. Using the test account, you will no longer be able to access the workspace (and therefor reports), as this requires an active Pro Subsciption.

The users that have an active Pro Subscription will be able to access this content, and assume ownership of the dataset. 

If you have created a v2 (new) Workspace, anyone with Power BI Admin (or O365 Global Admin) can assume admin priviliges in that workspace. If this is not an option, you need to make sure your own account is made admin by either the test account or the other users.

Benni

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors