Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Web Source Data Refresh

Hello everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with scheduling a web source data refresh?

It refreshes fine in PowerBi desktop.

The data source on desktop is refreshed anonymously, using a bearer token.

When I have published it to web, it comes with the error below;

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

When I edit the credentials and refresh it anonymously, it bounces back as below;

Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities/date/today.json.)Hide details

Activity ID:2d27df81-cedd-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Request ID:49e473de-8fe1-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Status code:400
Time:Thu Jan 24 2019 12:10:18 GMT+1030 (Australian Central Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.8074.169
Cluster URI:https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I have contacted PowerBI about this, and they can't seem to quite figure out the reason.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced the same issue and any workarounds you've devised 🙂

Thank you in advance

Regards

jc_ec

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft

Thank you for your message. I have contacted PowerBI and recieved a response as below:

Currently the scenario is not supported where authentication is being passed in the url itself. There is some work happening in order to support such scenarios but it may not be out for anytime soon.

Multiple teams in power bi needs to do some work around this area which is why it takes some time.

As per the above update, currently refreshing the dataset in power bi service using web API datasource and bearer token is not supported.

It seems that this function isn't being supported at the moment.

Kind regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am also facing the same issue, let me know how did you fixed this.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It could work on my side by below link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-to-web

Could you please share the web data source to have a test if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft

Thank you for your message. I have contacted PowerBI and recieved a response as below:

Currently the scenario is not supported where authentication is being passed in the url itself. There is some work happening in order to support such scenarios but it may not be out for anytime soon.

Multiple teams in power bi needs to do some work around this area which is why it takes some time.

As per the above update, currently refreshing the dataset in power bi service using web API datasource and bearer token is not supported.

It seems that this function isn't being supported at the moment.

Kind regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors