Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adagetech

PowerBI Web Persistent Login Session (prevent or delay auto account log out)

We have a custom dashboard that is displayed in a reception area monitor by using an account login that stay logged in the PowerBI web session.  The account would auto log out once every few weeks, which was fine; but now it auto logs out every 20 minutes.  Is there a control or certain requirement that can make an account stay persistently logged in PowerBI web?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
adagetech

Determined cause and it was not related to the login account at all.  The actual cause was due to the NUC PC that runs the dashboard webpage was resetting ever couple minutes due to overheating from its dust clogged vents and since we have the PowerBI login browser page to autostart, it gives the appearance that the login account was auto logged out whenever we looked at it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adagetech

Determined cause and it was not related to the login account at all.  The actual cause was due to the NUC PC that runs the dashboard webpage was resetting ever couple minutes due to overheating from its dust clogged vents and since we have the PowerBI login browser page to autostart, it gives the appearance that the login account was auto logged out whenever we looked at it.

Awesome, thanks for letting everyone know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adagetech ,

I think this should more related to your company networks policy, you can contact to your IT to confirm it they enabled any policy to auto clean up sessions.

AFAIK, current power bi not contains timeout properties to manage current login user sessions.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would chat to your network Admin and see if they have made any settings on your Azure Active Directory?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors