Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Visual - Error

Hi People

I'm encountering this error while displaying my visual. Seems like error show only when I do select all.

jeremycjjj_0-1594709108974.png

jeremycjjj_1-1594709243303.png

Maybe my DAX measures are too much for system to handle it. Any other way to code the dax below? I'm using date intelligent for KPI.

Measure 1

TotalWOthismonth =

VAR Category = FILTER(swWorkProcFleet_Cat1,swWorkProcFleet_Cat1[Description] IN {"Critical Equipment","Schedule Maint","Survey","Shore Service"})

VAR MinDate = DATE(YEAR(Today()),1,1)

VAR TotalOverdue = CALCULATE([#Datecompleted],Category,
DATESBETWEEN('Calendar 1'[Date],MinDate,TODAY()-1))

VAR OverduePreviousMonths =
CALCULATE([#Datecompleted],Category,FILTER(swEqptHistory,[Current Month] = 0))

VAR firstDayMonth = DATE(Year(Today()), Month(Today()),1)

VAR TotalWOthismonth = CALCULATE([# Total WO],Category,
DATESBETWEEN('Calendar 1'[Date],firstDayMonth,Today()))
Return
TotalWOthismonth + OverduePreviousMonths

Measure 2 
% Critical Eqpt =
DIVIDE([#Critical No.],[TotalWOthismonth])

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

As the info prompted in the tab header, "The query is too large, consider removing unused columns, add visual filters, or reducing the number of string type columns."

Please check Note of this article:If a table has too many values, consider converting it to a matrix and/or using drilldown. The maximum data points a table will display is 3,500.Here are some tips about Power BI performance for your reference.

I'd suggest creating views of the SQL Server tables used in the report. The views restricted the number of rows and columns considerably. We can used these views as the datasources for the report and it refreshes online without any issues. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors