Hi Power BI Team,
A lot of users have vented their frustration over Power BI's printing capabilities.
Please realise that user wants the following:
1.. The print function needs to allow for customisation: Titles/Headers/Footers; Resizing/Scale to fit a page; Print to PDF (Most users don't want to use a 3rd party app);
2. IE, & Chrome's built in print function are far superior to Power BI's print function. Hence, what is the point of providing a print function in the first place ?
3. Needs to specificy the location & date/time of the dashboard.
4. Power BI's has trouble displaying images. They come up as blank images (This has been widely reported)
Why is it important ?
1. Government organisations require a reporting snapshot at a 'point in time', particularly for financial reporting. Hence location & date/time are essential.
2. The only way to effectively get a dashboard to print correctly is to manually cut & paste bits and pieces into another program in order to add appropriate headers and footers. Sounds easy ? Power BI's background is grey. Try copying and pasting multiple tiles and aligning them to fit the grey background.
3. Organisations are comparing Power BI's print functionality to Tableau & Qlik.
Additional printing features (I know other people have mentioned them in the forums/ideas)
1. Option to print a high res JPEG or a chart
2. Print all report tabs in one go (either to a printer or PDF).
3. Page numbering for dashboards, and particularly multi page reports.
4. Add creator's name
5. Allow user to select quality of PDF (ie. 300dpi etc)
Unfortunately, PowerBI marked the 'Allow for Proper Printing' idea as complete https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6806294-allow-proper-printing. People are still commmenting asking for it to be reopened.
Hope the Power BI team reads this. Before you ask me to create a new idea, someone already has: here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13271697-proper-dashboard-printin... However, the original idea should be reopened as the requirements were not met.
We also need a good option to print the contents of a matrix "visualization", the WHOLE matrix, not just the portion that fits in the frame. and is currently displayed Sometimes that mean printing it as multiple pages.