Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manishkm

PowerBI SharePoint Web Part does not allow Drill Through

I am unable to see the "Drill Through" option when I right-click on a Power BI visual in SharePoint. The Drill Through option is available and usable when I am in the Power BI service.

5 REPLIES 5
manishkm

Raised a case with Microsoft Support. On a call with the support personnel, we found out that drill through works when navigating between tabs on the same report. It does not work when drilling between multiple PBIX reports.

I will update the post with Microsoft's findings and resolution.

@v-lionel-msft , @bfernandez : Can you see if drilling between reports works for you on SharePoint? Thanks!

Hi @manishkm ,

Yes, as tested, the “Drill Through” feature can be used in the same report file, but it can not be used across reports.

aa12.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

It is up and running now for me. Go ahead and give it a try now, and @ me in the reply to this post if you are still having issues.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manishkm ,

As tested, I can use "Drill Through" feature in SharePoint:

z5.PNG

Can you use "Drill Through" feature in the workspace? If not, it may be that your feature is not configured correctly, you can refer to the link to learn more.

Use drillthrough in Power BI Desktop 

If you configure the feature correctly and still can't use in SharePoint please create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bfernandez
Resolver II
Resolver II

this issue just happened to me too and it seems to be a bug that Mirosoft needs to fix.

I would suggest opening a case with Microsoft as it will give more visibility into this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors