Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Service not detecting formatted excel tables within excel workbook

Hi,

I have refreshed all connections indiviudally and also refreshed all data, however my PowerBI report using the excel file with multiple formatted tables across different spreadsheets, only detects 1 table.

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I do not have permission to upload pictures so I have attatched a google drive folder with the screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tIHch4hnno30qtmVVSo7WuwQRxKkJF4F?usp=sharinghttps://drive.go...

1. This screenshot shows the excel workbook I am uploading to Power BI, from Sharepoint

2. This shows how I am connecting to the Sharepoint excel workbook using Power BI Service

3. This shows the Fields tab after importing the Sharepoint workbook into Power BI. It only shows 2 formatted tables instead of 3. Additionally, I have since changed the names of Table1 and Table2__2 on excel, which has also not been detected.

4. This is the third formatted table in the spreadsheet, using only flat data (the totals list is not within the formated section)

5. This shows two of the PivotTables in the workbook on another spreadsheet. 

After duplicating the excel file and then removing the PivotTables, Power BI properly imported the data in a report. Is there any way to import this workbook into Power BI without having to remove the PivotTables?? Does the data then cease to be 'flat data' if it has connections to PivotTables?? Even though the PivotTables only connect to 2 of the 3 formatted tables?? It would be hugely helpful to find out if there are ways around this as the workbook is shared among my working team where the PivotTables are used by others. 

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jayw-msft,

Additionally, I am using Power BI Service because I cannot 'get data' and connect to the excel file using Power BI Desktop.

I have attatched two more screenshots - 6. and 7. - showing the steps I took to do so. I have also tried various different sub-levels of the sharepoint url and it says 'Access to this resource is forbidden'.

Thanks,

Alex

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't reproduce your scenario, can you show more details like screenshots?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors