Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MajeedKhan
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Service Scheduled refresh failed

Hi all, 

PowerBI Scheduled refresh fails with following message.

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 8b4daa7e-f3e7-4ce3-b365-4b205ce1450e
Request ID: 8564f1f0-6ad6-4f0a-a9ed-ad4278681ec5
Time: 2022-06-15 05:39:54Z

MajeedKhan_0-1655276960185.png

the Gateway connection seems fine

MajeedKhan_2-1655277348995.png

I appreciate your support

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MajeedKhan ,

It seems that gateway is working fine, the problem may come from your data source
1 When the data refresh fails more than 4 times, it will cause a failure.
2 A total refresh time of more than two hours will cause the data refresh to fail.

Please consider optimizing the model by removing unnecessary columns to reduce the size of the dataset or consider using advanced capacity to reduce the refresh time.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

MajeedKhan
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE:

I opened a ticket with microsoft. After long investigation the issue was related to the internet bandwidth. the refresh was taking long time then failing. 

I couldn't change the bandwidth, I reduced the file size from 650 mb to 570 mb. now the refresh is working fine. But i am still thinking how would i manage this when file size grows again to reach the 650+ mb. everyday i have a growth of about 800 kb. simple math says : i have about 3 months remaining. 😨 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MajeedKhan
Helper I
Helper I

UPDATE:

I opened a ticket with microsoft. After long investigation the issue was related to the internet bandwidth. the refresh was taking long time then failing. 

I couldn't change the bandwidth, I reduced the file size from 650 mb to 570 mb. now the refresh is working fine. But i am still thinking how would i manage this when file size grows again to reach the 650+ mb. everyday i have a growth of about 800 kb. simple math says : i have about 3 months remaining. 😨 

MajeedKhan
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft 

I appreciate your support and time. My file size is about 600 mb. I think its not that big. 

i optimized it but still have the same problem. maybe the issue is the internet connction. i will check with our admin and write you back. i also reviewed the Troubleshooting refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Docs . Nothing worked. 

I will try to work on the upload speed for my internet with the admin and get back to you. 

Hi @MajeedKhan ,

Whether the refresh is successful in power bi desktop?

Best Regards

If I click the refresh button on the home tab, the refresh is successul.

so for your quesiton Whether the refresh is successful in power bi desktop? answer is Yes

MajeedKhan_0-1655875574749.png

Hi @MajeedKhan ,

Ok, I can't reproduce your situation so recommend that you could create a support ticket.

Please refer to the gif how to create the support ticked.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1655876931339.gif

Best Regards

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MajeedKhan ,

It seems that gateway is working fine, the problem may come from your data source
1 When the data refresh fails more than 4 times, it will cause a failure.
2 A total refresh time of more than two hours will cause the data refresh to fail.

Please consider optimizing the model by removing unnecessary columns to reduce the size of the dataset or consider using advanced capacity to reduce the refresh time.

Optimization guide for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Troubleshooting refresh scenarios - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors