Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cristian_I
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Service Refresh timout

I have a dataset connecting to a web service and the web call takes a fairly long time to load. I have solved this issue in desktop by changing the timout value to a higher one, however when i upload it to the service the value I entered seems to be ignored and the refresh fails with a timeout error.

Is there any way of changing the default timeout for the service?

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cristian_I 

You may try to edit it in advanced editor like this post.

1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am already doing that and it seems to have no effect. This is the confusing part for me. I have the exact same syntax that works when refreshing from desktop, but when uploading it seems that it is overwriten by some default vaule(it seems to be 2 minutes).

Is there any additional settings in the service that need to be done, or something else in the query editor?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors