Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Service: Overwrote a report with a different report

Hi All,

I have raised a support ticket with MS but I am wondering if any users have experianced the following:

I opened PowerBI this morning after a data refresh and one of my reports has been overwritten with another report i.e. I have 2 report links that open the same report and 1 of the 2 reports seems to have disappered.

Anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This should be normal , because your two links point to the same report. This means that when you open the report with the same Power BI account, the browser will kill one.

You can try to open this report in two different browsers (eg: Google, Edge).

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lional,

I didn't explain myself very well....

There were 2 reports, with 2 different names and 2 different links.

Somehow, the link to 1 of the reports was overwritten by the link to the 2nd report.

In otherwords I now have 2 report tabs opening the same report and one report seems to have disappered.

Microsoft are suggesting that this happened because the name of one of the reports was changed but that never happend so...

Hi @Anonymous ,

You try to open the two links in two different browsers. If the links aren't covered, then it's not a problem with the report itself.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors