Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matteoaba
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Report based on D365 Entity Store

Hi Experts,

I'm wondering from many days if there's a way to publish a report based on D365 entity Store into PowerBI.com.

I'm able to do it in a Dev/Sandbox environment but i cannot find a way to it in production environment since we don't have access to it and the Data Gateway is not active.

Please feel free to advise on it.

Thanks,

Matteo

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Matteoaba

After researching, I couldn’t find any way to do it in production environment as long as Data Gateway is not active, you can create a report in your development or test environment by connecting directly to the Entity Store database and then publish the report to PowerBI.com.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi , what's the purpose of having something provided by MS that cannot be deployed to production environment?

I'm pretty quite sure that the deployment to PowerBI.com can be done via LCS  catalog but i cannot find any guide that indicates how to do it.

If the scenario is that Powerbi.com cannot be used, the entity Store should not be advertised as one of the best solutions.

Best

Matteo

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors