Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rd_rakesh
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Report Sharing

Hello friends

I created a Report in teh power BI  and now wants to share this report to others users .

i created a Group in the Power BI Service and used their respective mails to Add in the under the Group.

All the users are able to able to see the reports .

Now i want to share the same report to other users in diferent domain X. e.g rakesh@x.com

earlier it was amit@z.com.

When i use the email to add in the group it says ,"These email addresses does not exist in your organization

Please help i need to share the same report to other users of different Domain group .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rd_rakesh,

You can share a dashboard with the other domain account. Please follow the second link ( Share a dashboard with colleagues and others ) which suggested by @sdjensen to complete the task.

Please note the other domain account can't reshare the dashboard. And they see the shared dashboard in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. They have to bookmark the link to access this dashboard in the future.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rd_rakesh,

You can share a dashboard with the other domain account. Please follow the second link ( Share a dashboard with colleagues and others ) which suggested by @sdjensen to complete the task.

Please note the other domain account can't reshare the dashboard. And they see the shared dashboard in its own browser window without the left navigation pane, not in their usual Power BI portal. They have to bookmark the link to access this dashboard in the future.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rd_rakesh It will give you warning saying "email address is outside your organization" but Share button won't be disabled ie you will still be able to share. Its just warning to let you know.

sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

When I read this article it seem like it's only possible to share dashboard with others outside of the organisation?

You can read here to see how to share a dashboard.

/sdjensen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors