Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avioti
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Report - Scheduling and Send by Email

Hello Guys

I would like to schedule and send a report once a month for a person in my department.

Do you know if its possible? and How do I do it?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@avioti You can have them use the new subscribe feature - here

They will need to subscribe to each page they want to have emailed to them.

Be aware, this would be after you share the dashboard with them. They would need access to see the report first, then would be able to add the subscription as described above.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

@avioti I don't believe this can be automated, but you could use Analyze in Excel to build them a pivot table and work with it. Otherwise, I'm not aware of another way to share content in this way.. almost sounds like SQL Reporting Services is a better fit for this...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Do you know if it is posibble to send tabel or report to email adress by a role?

For example: If one of the values is greter then 2% then send the report to the mail adress. 

Thank you,

Alona

Adigan_MSFT
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Currently, the reports that are sent are more like screenshots. eg, if a report has a scroll bar, the users only see the part in the scroll, and the rest of the list gets clipped. Is there a way to send the whole list as a report?

Thanks!

You can schedule and send the entire report (instead of just a screenshot snippet) by using this third-party Power BI Reports Scheduler.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most common use case I've wittnessed in a business is the ability for a end user to schedule a matrix report via a email distribution so they can use the data and analyze.  I'm not seeing this as an available feature since the new subscription feature is just a snippet.  The typical ask is a CSV or excel format scheduled.   

Adigan_MSFT
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

If there is a long list in the report, a snapshot is sent via email, which clips a huge portion of the list. 

Is there a way to send the whole list, which would normally need a scroll in the dashboard?

Thanks!

@avioti You can have them use the new subscribe feature - here

They will need to subscribe to each page they want to have emailed to them.

Be aware, this would be after you share the dashboard with them. They would need access to see the report first, then would be able to add the subscription as described above.

Actually, my report is a spreadsheet that the user will need to manipulate the data. Is it possible?

@avioti Manipulate how? Could you describe the process/purpose of the report? I don't want to steer you wrong without understanding what it is you are trying to do...

Such as create a pivot table with the information

@avioti I don't believe this can be automated, but you could use Analyze in Excel to build them a pivot table and work with it. Otherwise, I'm not aware of another way to share content in this way.. almost sounds like SQL Reporting Services is a better fit for this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what are the Email Scheduling options available for Power BI? This is a most wanted feature for my customers. Subscribing is not helping for this case beacause the users only get to see a snapshot of the report. We need this scheduling option to viewers who doesnt have Pro License and want to see the report in the email body.

Regards,

Maddy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors