Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shiv_malhotra

PowerBI Premium is unable to connect to Snowflake

Issue:

1. PowerBI Premium is unable to connect to Snowflake
  2. Our Snowflake instance is hosted on AWS; PowerBI Premium is on Azure
  3. We used to have PowerBI pro before; and it is connecting just fine; refreshing all datasets.
  4. Same dashboard that refreshes datasets in PowerBI PRO are unable to refresh in PowerBI Premium

Error Message:

The credentials provided for the Snowflake source are invalid. (Source at <<<Snowflake URL;Snowflake Warehouse>>>)

Troubleshooting:

1. Snowflake support told us that it looks like the PowerBI Premium IP is getting blocked
  2. I manually whitelisted the IP and some premium dashboards started refreshing - (they all start from 40.82.xxx)
  3. Some dashboards are refreshing on a different IP address; hence I can't keep manually adding new IP addresses each time.

Things to Note:

1. We have SSO Enabled on Snowflake
  2. I've tried manually editing the Dataset credentials in app.powerbi with Auth Method = OAuth2 and PrivacyLevel setting = Public
1 REPLY 1
edhans
Super User
Super User

This sounds like your Power BI admins or Office 365 admins are blocking IP addresses. Power BI itself does not block IP addresses from getting data, not by default, so you need to contact your IT networking team and figure out how to whitelist the entire Snowflake IP range.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors