Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerBI Premium Capacity Monitor

Hi,

So one of  end users is having a problem in one of our report where a visual fails to render in PBI services but renders just fine in the PBI desktop. I think is one of the measures in the visual but not sure which one and also why it is doing that.

So downloaded the Premium Capacity Monitor Capacity Metrics and was able to cofigure it in PBI services.

My question is: How do I investigate this use case in tCapacity Monitor Capacity Metrics and which visuals on the app I should look out for to be able to explain in detail as to what happens in PBI services when the report in question is requesting for resources in PBI serivice. 

Your feedback would really be appretiated as I am new in the monitoring space and and planning to pay attetion with regards to how resources are shared and what actually happens when end users are interacting with visual in published PBI reports.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As far as I’m concerned, there is no monitoring at the visual or measure level in the Premium Capacity Monitor Capacity Metrics, the minimum level of monitoring is the dataset. If you want to check the performances of the measures within one visual in your report, I suggest you to use the Performance Analyzer in the Power BI desktop, because usually the performance of a measure in the service and the performance in the desktop are positively correlated.

You can open the report on desktop and click this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1614332731510.png

Then do some operations, like interaction with visuals, and check the time duration of each measure, like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1614332731520.png

What’s more, DAX Studio is also a good tool to monitor the performance of measures:

https://powerbi.tips/2020/05/introduction-to-dax-studio/

Use Performance Analyzer to examine report element performance

More info about monitoring Premium capacities with the app

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

As far as I’m concerned, there is no monitoring at the visual or measure level in the Premium Capacity Monitor Capacity Metrics, the minimum level of monitoring is the dataset. If you want to check the performances of the measures within one visual in your report, I suggest you to use the Performance Analyzer in the Power BI desktop, because usually the performance of a measure in the service and the performance in the desktop are positively correlated.

You can open the report on desktop and click this:

v-robertq-msft_0-1614332731510.png

Then do some operations, like interaction with visuals, and check the time duration of each measure, like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1614332731520.png

What’s more, DAX Studio is also a good tool to monitor the performance of measures:

https://powerbi.tips/2020/05/introduction-to-dax-studio/

Use Performance Analyzer to examine report element performance

More info about monitoring Premium capacities with the app

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors