Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

PowerBI Online Service is VERY SLOW

I don't know what happened, but for the last week or so the PowerBI Online service has slowed WAAAAY down. Things are taking forever to load. Slicers that worked instantly before are taking minutes to work. What happened?!

This is causing some major problems for our company.

23 REPLIES 23
Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Same issue Dublin, Ireland

Seems like the issue is on Microsoft side...=o?

Regards

Abduvali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

We're havng problems too on London side  - but nothing reported on Power BI status webpage?

Very slow to the point of not working down here in Cardiff

Same here in Cork, Ireland

Anonymous
Not applicable

i appear to be OK now

Have also been able to publish from Desktop and access Dashboards within the service in the last few minutes.

ElmarDam
Regular Visitor

In fact.. It is still annoying slow. I'm unable to work with the online services at all. 

Please add some resources!

Are you using an adblocker? The online service runs webanalytics queries on the user every two seconds. If an adblocker is busy intercepting them, the resulting traffic and processing can grind the page to a halt.

How to switch off the ad-blocker?please let me know

It worked. it is caused by adblocker. It runs well after switch off the adblocker.

How to switch off the ad-blocker?Please let me know

Did you disable it on the PowerBI site only or globally? I'd prefer to keep mine on for other sites.

Kananga
Frequent Visitor

I've disabled mine for app.powerbi.com specifically. I'm really hoping this is an oversight and gets fixed soon! Normally a webanalyics query loop is set to stop after a series of blocked attempts. I've never seen one run on forever like this.

WOAH! Thanks a lot! That helped! haha *oops*

RonEllisGaut
Advocate I
Advocate I

I too have experienced a significant decrease in performance. This is true for publishing, viewing reports and editing reports in PBI Service. I have noticed this for days now, ever since the major outage last week. Very annoying.

Glad to hear it's not just us! @MiguelMartinez Can you or somebody you know give us any information about this issue? It really sucks when I can't provide up to date information in executive meetings because PowerBI doesn't work.

thanks,
AK

All,

In the Admin portion of Office 365 you can check the Health Status of Power BI. Here is the latest:

Investigating - Feb 22, 2016 2:38 PM

Current Status: Engineers have restarted a portion of Power BI server capacity, which provided a temporary mitigation; however, testing has shown that the symptoms have returned. Engineers are analyzing the affected portions of server capacity to determine the cause of this issue.

User Impact: Affected users may receive an error when attempting to view or refresh data reports. Additionally; users may receive error messages when attempting to load Power BI visuals.

Scope of Impact: A limited number of customers appear to be impacted by this event. However, those customers affected likely have a large number of users experiencing impact. Some customers have reported that their organization is affected by this issue.

Incident Start Time: Monday, February 22, 2016, at 9:00 AM UTC

Next Update by: Monday, February 22, 2016, at 11:00 PM UTC
larabraghetti
Helper II
Helper II

We have the same issue.

We can't update our DB!

Please, could you solve asap?
Thanks You

Lara

I want to clarify that I'm talking about manipulating a successfully uploaded PBIX file. Yes, data refresh is taking longer than usual, but it is eventually working (albeit slowly). PowerBI Online report manipulation, however, is becoming a major problem for us.

We have submitted tickets for both problems.

@Akahn What is the source of your data? Are you using on premises SSAS or have you uploaded your models to Power BI?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors