Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RadaSTL
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Online Reports are too slow to load

Hello,

For roughly a week now, I've been facing the issue of reports on PowerBI Online, loading too slow (What usually took like 1-2 seconds now takes between 15 seconds to 10-15 minutes).

The machine is located in West Europe Azure server and ping rates are between 20-25 ms to where I am.

The only data source I am using is SSAS, which is connected live.

There aren't any measures that could throw the system into a bottleneck.

I've taken a look at Gateway logs and business seems to be as usual.

I've tried a fresh install on both gateway, data source, and dataset, that solved the problem for several days, but now here it is again.

Any ideas? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RadaSTL,

are you using any custom visulas in your dashboard.

Still if you face the any issues raise the support ticket they will assist you...

Regards,

Bajee.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

@RadaSTL,

Are you able to refresh the reports from power BI Desktop how much time is taking to refresh the reports.

Regards,

Bajee.

RadaSTL
Frequent Visitor

@bajee, Power BI desktop works just fine. Average load speed of entire pages is ~1-2 secs

@RadaSTL,

are you using any custom visulas in your dashboard.

Still if you face the any issues raise the support ticket they will assist you...

Regards,

Bajee.

RadaSTL
Frequent Visitor

@bajee, yes infact there are some custom visuals on some pages, but would it create an overall slowliness?

@RadaSTL,

Yes if you use any custom visuals in your reports while loading the report in power service those visuals will take time to load.

Regards,

Bajee.

RadaSTL
Frequent Visitor

@bajee Thank you for your suggestion, I'll look into it and let you know.

Best regards

Hi @RadaSTL,

Please mark the useful reply as answer if you find where the reason come from. So that more people will get information clearly.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft,

I was actually waiting for a confirmation from my client, that issue is indeed related to visuals,

Apparently it really was about it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors