Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

PowerBI - One Drive for Business - Data source credentials error

Hey guys,

I created a PowerBI report on PowerBI Desktop with a Onedrive for Business csv file as a source, and everything works well and I am able to publish to the web. Here is where the issue starts, when I try to enable auto refresh from PowerBI Service, it says "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalide. Please update your credentials and try again". Selecting OAuth2 as the Authentication method and signing is with the same credentials I used to publish results in an error. I have disabled multi factor authentication and pretty much tried everything I could but can't get it to work. Any help would be really appreciated.

I should add that I took the exact same file, logged into another clien'ts OneDrive, uploaded the file to it, created a PowerBI desktop file linking to this newly uploaded OneDrive file, published the desktop pbix file to the web and then when I login to PowerBI service and set the auto refresh everything works perfectly fine.

Moiz

PowerBI- OAuth2 Error.png

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.
1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @moizsherwani,

After test, I can connect a file stored in One Drive for Business, publish it to service. We can enable the automatically refresh without any problem. I can't reporduce your issue, and I have no power to check your data background. You'd better create a support ticket on the right bottom of this  page, use fiddler to trace the blog and share with them.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors