Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jayendran
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

PowerBI Gateway: Connection string is not supported

Hi all,

I've tried to setup a new ODATA as the data source in my gateway and got the error like Connection string is not supported

2020-01-06_22-01-49.jpg

My Gateway Version is Nov version 3000.14.39

But the same ODATA is working from the Internet Explorer and Google chrome from the gateway server ! So I don't have any clue why this error is only coming from gateway !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GilbertQ / @v-xuding-msft ,

It looks like we have a problem with the ODATA. The odata is taking long time to load in IE which leads to getting timeout from the gateway. 

So we are going to reach out to the network and odata team to find why it's taking long time to load this odata.

Thanks all for your help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Marquian
Helper I
Helper I

@Jayendran is this error code different from the problem you resolved?

Unable to create connection for the following reason: Connection string is not supported.

Details: Marquian's updates: The connection string is not supported Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket. ActivityId: 3c6dcaa6-e964-4a77-8df1-2d5411c32c15 RequestId: b5d5c19d-9e92-4cfb-a184-a3235c782b7b Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com Status code: 400 Time: Wed Jun 14 2023 14:20:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jayendran ,

Suggest you to install the latest version (3000.21.18 12/26/2019) of gateway firstly. Sometimes, issues can occur when the gateway version is out of date. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft .

I've updated the gateway and now getting timeout issue. I can able to collect the logs from the gateway machine. Please see below

Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.MashupDataAccessHostingException: A problem hosting the mashup engine was detected. Reason: Timeout. Error code: -2147467259.; ErrorShortName: MashupDataAccessHostingException[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]/Wrapped(MashupHostingException)[ErrorCode=-2147467259,HResult=-2147467259]

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Could you please explain when you say it is working from the IE and Chrome Gateway?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I mean to say the same ODATA is working fine when I access it from the chrome / IE browser 

IEIEChromeChrome

I would suggest to make sure that the feed works via Chrome as IE depending on the version gives a lot of issues.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ / @v-xuding-msft ,

It looks like we have a problem with the ODATA. The odata is taking long time to load in IE which leads to getting timeout from the gateway. 

So we are going to reach out to the network and odata team to find why it's taking long time to load this odata.

Thanks all for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors