Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Joey97
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Embedded - Load Testing Tool

Hi All,

My company was thinking of using PowerBI Embedded for our clients and was wondering which capacity would suit our needs.

I have tried the Power BI Dedicated Capacity Load Assessment Tool from Github.

I have realised that no matter what capacity I am using, the refreshing will fail after a few iterations (i.e, a sad grey face pops up and all the browsers across the different computers I am testing all fail). I am running reports with heavy GIS visuals btw.

Initially, I thought it had to be an issue with the A1 SKU but tracking the processing and ram performance on the App showed that nothing was overloaded.

As an example, running 3 different reports on 3 different devices on an A1 SKU fails when the max CPU is at 38% - note that the overload metric is showing

Joey97_0-1666051676688.png

On an A2 - Fails at 10%

Joey97_1-1666051710163.png

On an A4 - Fails at 2%

Joey97_2-1666051738704.png

So clearly there are still remaining capacities - unsure why the browser crashes - I've also noted that both the CPU and RAM for my own computers had no issue as well.

Some of the reports are GIS heavy but running ones where it doesn't still crash it.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Joey97 ,

You may take a look at this document.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embedded-capacity?tabs=gen2 .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

had a read - didnt really help much

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors