Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noorahmad
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Embed Report Not Showing Filters

Hi Folks

I have created/shared a PowerBI embed report (Below screen shot) and I needed filters on it. The filters are showing up in PowerBI service but when I tried to embed this report in Dynamics 365 Portal or even brower the embeded report I don't see the filter pane on right side. Is there some settings which needs to be enabled or am I missing something. Would really appreciate some help.

noorahmad_0-1611621067858.png

As above it can be seen in PowerBI it is showing filter pane on right side.

noorahmad_1-1611621191710.png

Now in Dynamics 365 portal it isn't showing the filter pane or right side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @noorahmad 

Did you use publish to web option to embed your report in Dynamics 365 Portal ?

If you use publish to web option, it doesn't support filter pane currently.

1.png

You can try website or portal option, you can use filter pane if you embed your report by this option.

2.png

Result:

3.png

You need to be a pro user to use this option.

After the user has signed in, the report opens, showing the data and allowing page navigation and filter setting. Only users who have view permission can see the report in Power BI. All RLS rules are also applied. Lastly, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. The user needs to sign in each time they open a new browser window. However, once signed in, other reports load automatically.

For more details you may refer to this blog: Embed a report in a secure portal or website

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@noorahmad Are you sure this just isn't a result of the view you've chosen? It looks like you have a slider bar at the bottom of the page that you could slide to the right to likely see the report filter... Just a guess, based on your screenshots.
Also, using publish to web isn't secure, no matter where you embed it, so if you are using company data on that report... I'd re-think that.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer , I just check the slider bar, there isn't any filter pane on the right side. See my screen shot. 

The data is supposed to be public so that isn't a problem.  Is this defualt behaviour of the PowerBI embeded report not to have filters pane or is there some issue/missing something.

noorahmad_0-1611624913037.png

Hi @noorahmad 

Did you use publish to web option to embed your report in Dynamics 365 Portal ?

If you use publish to web option, it doesn't support filter pane currently.

1.png

You can try website or portal option, you can use filter pane if you embed your report by this option.

2.png

Result:

3.png

You need to be a pro user to use this option.

After the user has signed in, the report opens, showing the data and allowing page navigation and filter setting. Only users who have view permission can see the report in Power BI. All RLS rules are also applied. Lastly, the user needs to be correctly licensed – either they need a Power BI Pro license, or the report must be in a workspace that is in a Power BI Premium capacity. The user needs to sign in each time they open a new browser window. However, once signed in, other reports load automatically.

For more details you may refer to this blog: Embed a report in a secure portal or website

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors